After a short time of worship led by Neal, Nicholas spoke on ‘Dreaming BIG’ – encouraging us to step outside of our comfort zones in order to accomplish significant things in life.
His main points were that we tend to shy away from dreaming BIG as a result of:
- Thinking we’re not good enough, and
- Fear of failure – getting things wrong
He spoke of not believing the lies that stop us from attempting new things, and not being afraid of making mistakes, as they’re part of our humanness.
“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”
Towards the end of the talk, many of us responded to his invitation to write our dreams down and display them on a dreams board.*
There were some really good examples!
Nicholas finished by speaking about the importance of protecting our dreams and entrusting them to God, as he is the One who has a perfect plan for our lives.
“I know the plans I have for you. They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.” God
Things to consider
- What are your dreams for 2011?
- Have you committed them to God?
- Why not write them down and speak with someone you trust about how you can start to make them a reality?!
*Aaaargh! Wasn’t able to upload images, but will do ASAP.